Thursday 29 November 2018

Mrs Pyne's trip to Shanghai

Yesterday was a special day for England-China relations as 86 primary and secondary maths teachers (including me) were officially welcomed into Shanghai as part of a maths teacher exchange programme.

I was also very privileged to attend a lecture given by Professor Gu (a famous mathematics educationalist who developed a theory called variation). Sadly, I didn’t have time to ask him any questions! I also met the Chinese teachers who are coming to Windhill21 in January. The teacher who will be in Y4 Moore class is called Jennifer (I will check out what her teacher name is though!). She teaches in an International school in Shanghai so her English is brilliant. Today, I will be going to the school for the first time.

In the evening, I went to a rooftop restaurant on a street called the Bund. It has a great view across the river.

Mrs Pyne




No comments:

Post a Comment